I READ SO LITTLE BOOKS THIS MONTH (in comparison to last month)… and it wasn’t even cause of a slump? I just didn’t have time?
I was almost not going to do a wrap up this month because of that haha, and then realized that was stupid because reading any number of books is great, and I read some lovely books this month!!
SO LET’S TALK BOOKS.
Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills: THIS WAS SO CUTE AHH. I loved the focus of friendship alongside the sweet, slow romance ahhh it was adorable!!
We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia: this book makes me enjoy dystopia again!! I am HERE for the f/f romance okay, I am utterly in LOVE with Dani, and the writing is so gorgeous I-
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir: THE POLITICAL INTRIGUE omg. I enjoy all the characters, but I don’t truly love all of them as much as I wish I did ahaha but I could NOT stop reading this book omg
A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir: SHOOOK. Also so much political intrigue, again!! I LOVE IT. The scheming, the action, everything was just so fast-paced? With three narrators, there is never a dull moment!
This is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kheryn Callender: This was cute!! Queer POC, with a disabled (deaf) love interest! They were adorable!! Didn’t particularly love some of the characters’ actions (especially how the MC kept screwing up in the same way and was kind of a douche to the LI but was always forgiven?) but it was a good read overall! 🙂
Ivy Aberdeen’s Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake: I was holding off on posting this wrap up until I finished it today hahaha and I LOVED IT??!?! This is the book I NEEDED when I was younger, and honestly still needed now, this was so sweet and I connected with it in so many ways!!
- I went to see our school’s musical production of Chicago, and it was so good??? All the singers were AMAZING, and the sets, the dancing and actors were all so impressive. And they’re literally only 17/18!! (and I’m out here being an untalented potato, but it’s fine) I had such a good time with my friends, too!
- I had a week-long spring break during the week of the 11th! It was so nice to not have school, although I was (pleasantly) also super tired afterwards because my cousin from Boston came to visit and we went out EVERY SINGLE DAY 😂 To malls, to sightsee, to EAT POUTINE AND BEAVERTAILS 😍
- Poutine, in case you’ve never had it (CRY) is basically the best food ever; fries, with cheese curds and gravy and IT’S SOOOOO GOOD
- Beavertails, are not *actually* beaver tails and are a type of thin, fried-dough like pastry typically with lots of cinnamon and sugar (but there are a variety of toppings you can choose instead!) (I have photos)
- Y’all, if you ever come to Canada…………. 👀
- I had so much poutine during that week, it’s not even funny 😂 I think we tried 6 poutines, from different places? DON’T JUDGE ME.
- We tried: KFC (the one in the photo), A&W, New York Fries, South St. Burger, Popeyes and Costco!
- I think the winner was Costco and A&W, in terms of amount of food, the taste, and the price 😂😍
- We had Beavertails twice, the first time we split one Chocolate Hazelnut, and the second time when we went with my sister, we got two; Chocolate Hazelnut again and an Avalanche one which was I believe was cheesecake with caramel and chocolate chips? DELICIOUS.
- I had a photo of the options for Beavertails but I don’t have it anymore! Some of the other ones were maple, peanut butter and chocolate, chocolate and banana, caramel apple?
- Soooo all of that made it so I didn’t get any reading or blogging (or schoolwork) done, but I can’t say I regret it! 🤷🏽♀️
- I also turned 17 this month, on the 24th! (I shared some of my bookish birthday wishes if you wanted to check that out, I loved writing that post!)
- My family and I went out for dinner on my actual birthday last Sunday, and then my friends and I are going out today to celebrate! (Since some of my friends were gone on the day of)
- THE CAKE WAS DELICIOUS, THANK YOU FOR ASKING
- It’s basically chocolate cake with a thin cherry spread in the middle! BUT CHOCOLATE CAKE. 😍
- I GOT A LOT OF BOOKS AND GIFT CARDS TO INDIGO 😍
- I have such amazing friends ahhh they are so sweet ❤
Okay, so these were the goals from last month, and I…. um failed spectacularly.
- Read 8-10 books! –> I read 6 😅 Which, not horrible all things considered!
- Follow my blog schedule! –> I posted 3 times out of the 12 times I had planned, and 2 of them weren’t even the same posts I chose OOPS
- Blog hop more often/more regularly! –> 😭 I hardly blog hopped!!
- STOP PROCRASTINATING. –> Who did I think I was???
I’m going to try keeping these same goals, but idk how feasible that is anymore lmao. Fingers crossed!!
How did your month go? This month seemed to go so quickly in the middle (probably cause it was spring break for me lmao)??? SHOOK. This year is going by so fast all of a sudden omg.
Let me know what books you read and loved this month?! Is there anything special you did? What’s your favourite kind of cake? Let’s talk!
(Also, I found out I reached 100 followers!! THANK YOU SO MUCH AHHH!! 💗💗💗)